eLuxury Official Blog
Eat Well With eLuxurySupply: Rich Potato Soup
With six more weeks of winter ahead of us, we are scrounging for ways to stay warm. One of the best ways to stay warm in the sub-temperatures of southern Indiana is with a warm bowl of soup. Here is a pretty popular potato soup recipe from the midwest that will keep you warm in these last throws of winter…
- 4 red potatos
- 2 teapspoons of olive oil (or vegitable oil)
- ½ cup of chopped onion
- 1 ¼ cup of chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of 1% milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ ounces shredded cheddar cheese (about ⅓ cup) OPTIONAL
- 4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onions
- Pierce potatoes with fork. Microwave on HIGH until tender then cut in half.
- Heat oil in saucepan on med-high heat. Saute onion for 3 minutes. Add chicken broth. Combine flour and ½ cup of milk. Add the mixture to the saucepan the remaining milk. Bring to a boil while stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Discard potato skins. Mash the potatoes into the soup. Top with green onions (and cheese if you want!).